I am having a hard time adjusting to another new month. I cannot believe how fast this year is flying past. I want to start by apologizing for my absence last week, I have been rather ill and I’m now starting to feel better. Enough of that though, let’s get into April’s favorites.
1) Van’s Pebble Snake Slip On- I really love these shoes. When I first got them they were a little snug on the top of my foot but after just one day of wearing them they fit like a dream. They’re leather which adds to the comfort. I think they’re attractive but they’re also functional and easy to slip on everyday. Because they’re not overly casual they pair nicely which just about any outfit. If it’s a shoe you’re considering purchasing I would highly recommend you buy the socks that they suggest, they are designed specifically for the shoe and I would be willing to bet you don’t already have socks that you can wear with these shoes due to their shape.
Find Them Here.
2) Eco Tools Pure Complexion Facial Sponge- I bought this sponge at the end of March and I’ve been using it pretty regularly all month-long. I have combination skin which means parts of my face are drier than other parts so this sponge exfoliates the places that get a little flaky without irritating my skin or causing any redness like a lot of exfoliants can. All I do is add my face wash to the wet sponge and apply it to my face in small circular motions, then rinse.
Find It Here.
3) The 100- So far The 100 has only aired for two seasons but I watched both seasons within days. The show takes place several years after a nuclear war. Earth is no longer habitable so a large group of humans now live in space on what is called The Ark. However, The Ark is dying so the elected officials send all 100 of the juvenile delinquents back to Earth to see if it is rehabilitated and habitable yet. And that’s where the story really begins.
I love these kind of post-apocalyptic movies/shows. The storyline is good and I really like the premise of the show, it’s different from any other television show I’ve personally seen. The acting can sometimes get slightly cheesy but that’s really my only criticism. I’ve read online that the show has been picked up for a third season but I’m not sure when it will air, my guess would be sometime this coming fall. But in the meantime Season 1 is available on both Netflix and Amazon Instant Video but so far Season 2 is only on Amazon Instant Video.
4) L’Occitane Lavender Hand Cream-For a long time I’ve only used the original scent which is still what I prefer because the odor isn’t overpowering it’s just clean and refreshing. But lately I’ve been using the lavender scent before bed to help me relax and I really like it. This hand lotion is one of many products L’Occitane makes in France. They sell it in several different scents, all of which are beautiful. This product is extremely expensive however and I always feel guilty spending money on it but it is such good quality that my guilt vanishes rather quickly.
Find It Here.
5) Blue Sunglasses- I have practically been living in these glasses all month, I love them. I think I’ve worn them almost every single day since I bought them. They’re so comfortable, they look great and they’re dark which prevents any squinting. I do feel bad that I don’t know who manufactures them so I can’t tell you how to get them. But I will tell you that I randomly found them at Gordman’s for $5, so if you have a Gordman’s near you maybe you’ll get lucky and find them too.